New Entitlement to 30 Hours Free Childcare at St John Evangelist Nursery
From September 2018, St John Evangelist Catholic nursery class are delighted to offer 30 hours free childcare for eligible parents. In addition to the 15 hours Nursery provision for all children, working parents will be able to get an additional 15 hours free childcare, bringing the total number of hours to 30 a week for children aged 3 and 4 years.
- Both parents are in work
- Single/sole parent is in work
- Be employed or self-employed
- Each parent earns less than £100,000.00 per year
- One parent works and one is on specific disability or caring benefits
A joint online application system will provide simple and straightforward access to register on the scheme. Checking of eligibility will be undertaken by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC).
For more information please go to; www.childcarechoices.gov.uk
Applying for Nursery
Your child must be 2 years of age before you can register them for our Nursery.
To register you will need to do the following:
- Fill out an Application Form at our school or download one at the bottom of this page and come into the school on Tuesday or Wednesday between 11:00am – 12:00pm.
- Bring the following original documents with you:
- Your child’s Baptismal Certificate
- Your child’s Birth Certificate (the full long one with parents name on it)
- 2 Proofs of Address e.g. utility bills, council tax, bank statement, rent/mortgage statement etc(no more than 3 months old)
- A completed Application Form
You must register your child by January if you wish your child to be considered for a place in the September after their 3rd birthday.
Once you have completed the application form we will add your child’s name to our waiting list. We will let you know in April if your child has or has not been offered a place at our school.
To apply for a Reception or Year 1 – 6 place for your child you will need to do the following:
- Contact Islington’s School Admission Team on 020 7527 5515 and request a copy of the admissions booklet ‘Talk about Islington Primary Schools’.
- Fill out the application form & return it to Islington by the deadline stated. Alternatively you can do the application form online www.islington.gov.uk/admissions
- In addition to the above you will need to fill out a Registration Form at the school or download one at the bottom of this page . You can fill out the Registration Form on either a Tuesday or Wednesday between 11:00am – 12:00pm. You will also need to bring the following documents with you when you fill out the form: your child’s original birth certificate (the long one with the parents name on it), baptismal certificate and 2 proofs of address e.g. utility bill, council tax or bank statement (no more than 3 months old).
- If you have applied online for Reception you will receive an email/text in April informing you of the school where your child has been offered a place.
- If you returned a paper copy of the application form to Islington Admissions at 222 Upper Street you will receive a letter from them informing you of the school where your child has been offered a place.
If you are applying for a Year 1-6 place you will need to follow the same instructions listed above and we will write to you if a vacancy becomes available.
Please click on the link below to see the parish boundary.