Saturn – Year 4 & 5
Welcome to Saturn Class!
My name is Miss Barker and I am your child’s class teacher. We also have Mrs Douglas and Mr Douglas supporting us with our learning.
In English, we have a new writing scheme where we will be exploring recount, description and poetry texts.
Your child will have a weekly reading session with the teacher and will have a comment in their reading book with how you can support them further at home. Children will need to complete 20 minutes of reading every evening with an adult. This will be either a book from the classroom or an online text on ‘Bug Club’. In Saturn children need to write a comment in their reading records themselves and then have this signed by an adult.
Our topic this term is ‘Wild Rivers’. We will be thinking about the physical features of a river and then looking at their natural and human characteristics. We will be focusing on the River Thames and will be creating our very own ‘river art’ using printing techniques.
In RE, we have three topics this term: Transformation, Freedom and Responsibility and Stewardship
- Children must bring in a PE kit which can be kept in their lockers.
- Children must also bring in their own water bottles.
- Children must read and have their reading record signed every night. If this isn’t completed more than twice in a week, then your child will miss playtime to read.
- PE with Mr Slade (Sport’s Coach) is on a Wednesday.
- Homework will be set on Google Classroom on a Thursday and needs to completed and handed in on a Wednesday.
Please speak to me if you have any concerns regarding your child over the next term and thank you for your continued support.