- A Healthy School promotes the health and well-being of its pupils and staff through a well-planned, taught curriculum in a physical and emotional environment that promotes learning and healthy lifestyle choices.
At St John Evangelist School we believe that schools who promote healthy lifestyles:
- Enable children to achieve.
- Allows sustained school improvement.
- Are more inclusive.
- Have a range of a range of positive behaviours including strategies to reduce bullying and an awareness of what constitutes healthy living.
- Have enhanced PSHCE provision.
- Have more effective liaison between home and school, and school and external support agencies.
In July 2017 St John’s gained the STARS Bronze award STARS – Sustainable Travel: Active, Responsible, Safe – is an accreditation scheme for schools, nurseries and colleges to inspire young Londoners to travel sustainably, actively, responsibly and safely. In doing this , STARS empowers pupils and improves the safety and wellbeing of the whole community. It also encourages active travel behaviour and improves the environment around the school.
Physical Education Overviews:
Progression of Skills:
PSHE / RSE Overviews: