Sports Funding Report
PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SPORTS FUNDING: 2022/2023
What is the sports funding grant?
This is a Government grant that must be used to fund improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, in the academic year 2022-2023 so that they develop healthy lifestyles. The school was allocated £18,228 and will spend the full amount.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- To provide children with challenging, competitive activities that lead to high standards of performance academically.
- To work in partnership with parents and health agencies to enable pupils to participate regularly in PE as part of a healthy lifestyle
- To develop and improve PE delivery in the school as part of the legacy of the 2012 London Olympics
- To introduce competitive sports by increasing inter- and intra-schools competition participation through: football, netball, tag rugby and other competitive sports.
- To ensure provision of sports is monitored and of the highest quality
- To have a cohesive approach to PE and sports provision through the appointment a PE and Healthy Schools Leader